- Workshop on "Sugar maple in a changing climate" held at the NE CSC on December 7th, 2015
- Poster for NE CSC Resgional Science meeting, May 15-17, 2017: "Maple syrup in a changing climate"
- Joshua Rapp and Selena Ahmed, What are the impacts of climate change on maple syrup production and can we manage for them?, NECSC Colliqium Webinar, NECSC, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, November 29, 2017.
- Joshua Rapp, Selena Ahmed, Ryan Huish, David Lutz, Boris Dufour, Autumn Brunelle, Toni Lyn Morelli, and Kristina Stinson, "Can we manage the impacts of climate change on sugar maple and maple sugaring?", A series of Talks, posters, and discussions at the Forest Ecosystem and Monitoring Cooperative Annual Meeting, University of Vermont, December 15, 2017.
Studying Climate Change Impact on Maple Syrup Quality UMass News Release February 10,2016
Contact Jan Lathrop (413) 545-0444
And subsequent news pieces:
UMass researchers to study impact of climate change on maple syrup taste, production MassLive article, February 10, 2016
Studying Climate Change Impact on Maple Syrup Quality Red Lake Nation News, February 11, 2016
Studying climate change impact on maple syrup quality, Phys.org, February 10, 2016
UMass ecologist leads 1st study of climate change impact on sugar maples Going Green, Feb 10, 2016
Climate Change Is Coming For Your Maple Syrup, Climate Central, March 28, 2016
Climate change may impact maple syrup production, Chicago Tribune, February 19, 2016
Indiana Park Studies Impact Of Climate Change On Maple Syrup, Indiana Public Media, April 4, 2016
Sap to syrup: In Petersham, researcher tracks climate effects on sugar maples, Telegram, March 15, 2016
What Climate Change Means for Maple Syrup, Stories For Strangers, March 24, 2016
Maple Runs Early, Steady, Valley News, March 31, 2016
Bullard Spotlight: Joshua Rapp on Sugar Maples in a Changing Climate, Harvard Forest, February 19, 2016
- NE CSC News: NE CSC Stakeholder Meeting Addresses Sugar Maple in a Changing Climate January 4, 2016