Since the inception of the NE CSC in 2012, our stakeholder partners have been guiding our science directions and priorities so that together we can improve the way our climate science informs decisions and actions in adapting to a changing climate. For our Regional Science Meeting, we will gather our scientists and partners to reflect on our collaborative work to incorporate climate science in the management of natural and cultural resources in the Northeast and Midwest and determine future directions and needs for our region. We hope you will join us!
Interested in coming? Please let us know via a pre-registration survey.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN SOON. There is no registration fee, but space is limited. We'll announce the registration in early March.
Northeast Climate Science Center's Regional Science Meeting
Incorporating Climate Science in the Management of Natural and Cultural Resources in the Midwest and Northeast
May 15-17, 2017
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Goals of the Regional Meeting:
- To share NE CSC research and discuss emerging themes for future work.
- To provide a forum for and build collaborations among resource management professionals applying climate-related information and researchers who are currently engaged in climate-related projects to discuss inter-disciplinary and inter-institutional research topics.
- To identify opportunities and improve directions in actionable science, science communication, and advancing adaptation plans for resource professionals.
Specific Outcomes and Output:
- An understanding of the science produced by the NE CSC and applications in natural resource management through presentations, breakout focused discussions, panel discussions, and displays of tools and projects.
- Identification of adaptation strategies that are being applied or incorporated into management action plans.
- Discussion of next steps in research and the application of climate science.
- Refinement of the metrics used to gauge success in producing actionable science and climate adaptation.
- Prioritization of emerging actionable science projects, outreach, and collaborations.
- Broadening the NE CSC network; increase engagement between stakeholder-scientist partnerships in the NE CSC community.
- Development of a project storyboard that includes the problem, situation, tools used, examples of decisions made and actions implemented, lessons learned, etc.
NE CSC Project Review
NE CSC Graduate Fellows, Post-docs and PIs share project outcomes through posters and other products
Presentations and Discussions on Actionable Science
THEMES Related to Climate Science, Impacts, and Actionable Science:
Partners Project Showcase
LCCs and partners display projects through posters, slideshows, or other products
Breakout Sessions and Tools Demonstration
Meeting the Needs of Resource Managers
Building Case Studies on the Use of Tools and Decisions
Next Steps: Co-producing and Co-developing Actionable Science
NE CSC Fellows Showcase
Students and early career scientists’display posters, mingle with partners and researchers
State of the Science: Presenting the Latest On-the-Ground Knowledge
Tribal Adaptation to Climate Change
Networking, Strengthen Partnerships and Build Collaboration!
|NE CSC RegionalScienceMeeting_Draft Agenda_170223.pdf||313.9 KB|
|NECSC Regional Science Meeting_2-pager.pdf||1.92 MB|